Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Mothers' Day!

Here are the beautiful flowers that Greg and Andrea sent me for Mothers' Day:

The roses look pink in the photo but are actually a deep orchid color. I have never seen purple roses before -- these are really unusual.

The End of Fourth Sock Syndrome!


Fourth Sock Syndrome has been defeated! I took the cushions off of my couch to give them a good vacuuming and found my missing sock. The discovery re-energized me and I finished the pair:

Now, I can't decide if I want to wear them or have them framed (maybe I'll frame this photo). I did put the photo on my iPod so I could show people; it beats having me stick my foot in the air to show off my work (safer, too).

New WIP* Sidebar


* WIP = "Works In Progress
I have added a sidebar to show how my current projects are progressing. The Branching Out scarf is about 4 feet long now and nearly complete. I am using the handmade needles that Mom bought for me in Durango. It is so wonderful to knit with beautiful tools. Speaking of beautiful needles, I have joined the Needle of the Month Club from Books, Yarn, and More in Seely Lake, Montana. Every month for six months, I will receive a pair of handmade needles in a different size and a different exotic wood. My first set was a pair of US10.5 in Brazilian Bloodwood -- absolutely gorgeous! Photo coming soon!

No comments: