Friday, October 10, 2008

It sounded like such a good idea at the time...

Like so many other dubiously-inspired goals, the thought of a knitting/needlework blog sounded like such a good idea at the time. It would be fun to publish photos of my works-in-progress and could even be an incentive when that extra push is needed to get past a rough spot. I even knew what that first, exciting shared project would be because it was freshly finished and I was still basking in the glow of a completed goal.

The Problem

The problem? It is a gift. A gift as in "surprise! look what I made for you!" A gift as in "posting it on a public web page for all eyes to see will negate all the fun of the surprise." A gift that will need to remain unseen just a little longer. Sigh...

No problem! This project, which I will now refer to as Project A, may have been my primary focus over the last few months but it is certainly not the only project in my [knitting] bag of tricks. For example, I recently purchased some rather expensive organic cotton (no pesticides, no herbicides, no dyes) to make ... another gift. Hmmm - I am sensing a trend here. I suppose I can post updates for Project Organic's progress but, with no photos or descriptions, it sounds a little dull.

Looking through my knitting bag, I see no shortage of projects but I could run into a dearth of suitable ambiguous descriptions. Every single thing in that bag is destined to be a surprise for someone with "surprise" being the operative word. It might be better to revisit some old projects. At least I can publish their photos.

No comments: