Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Could this really be our last day in Durango?


Look close and you can see Greg on his bike crossing the bridge



I am trying hard to remember that Wednesday will be a full day in Durango even if it is the last day. I am not ready to come home. The high today was only 50 degrees, but I sat on the terrace and knitted because I did not want to waste a single minute of my allotted, but dwindling, time.


Greg eating breakfast



Mom in the Doubletree lobby


Greg had to finish his paper, so Mom and I went shopping to give him some room. We went to the gift shop at the hotel and bought enough to keep them in business for a few days. We drove downtown and bought some more gifts -- we have a great deal of our Christmas shopping done, now. While cruising (yes, Mom and I can cruise) the streets, we passed a shop with a large sign on the door that simply said "Yarn." I think we circled the block 5 or 6 times trying to find a place to park. It wasn't easy, but the shop was calling me... We gave up for a little while and went to a sidewalk cafe to have a cookie and a cup of coffee. Parking was better when we returned to the yarn shop and we were able to park right in front. I have to say, we made sure that shop had a good sales day, too. I found several things I really wanted but just couldn't justify buying for myself. That's when it's nice to be shopping with your mother -- she pointed out that she needed ideas for Christmas gifts for me anyway so offered to buy them for me. Now, however, she is telling me that I actually have to wait for Christmas to get them! That's what shopping with your mom is like.


Our hotel lobby


We gave Greg a call to see how the paper was coming along and he was not finished yet so we went to a park to wait. Mom had her book and I had my knitting and we had a great (but chilly) hour. For supper, we went back to our little cafe with the great Reubens and ate while watching the World Series on their big screen TV. (They had some football game on but Mom asked them to change it and they did. Go Mom!)


This is (was, sob) the view from our terrace

1 comment:

Public School Dad said...

It looks like you're having a great trip. What a fantastic view from your hotel room!